Panelist Compensation Policy
In order to receive one fully compensated badge, you must be approved for 4 hours total of diverse and interesting indoor programming AND outdoor programming. You have the option of running any combination of indoor and outdoor panels.
For example, if you run an hour-long indoor panel, an outdoor panel for two hours, and a second outdoor panel for one hour, you and/or your group would be eligible for one compensated badge. Alternately, if you run an indoor panel for two hours, and a second indoor panel for two more hours, you would not earn a compensated badge because you didn't host any outdoor programming. Run some informative panels or discussions indoors, go host an activity out in the sunshine, earn a free badge - sounds like fun, right?
Please note that if you run all of your panels in a group, your group has only earned a single badge - not a badge for everyone within your group! But don't worry, you can earn badges for them too! Read on!
Group Compensation & Earning Multiple Badges
If there's a group of 5 of you hosting all 4 panel hours together, you will still only be compensated for one badge. However, keep in mind that your group will receive a compensated badge for every additional hour to follow. So:
- 4 hours = 1 badge
- 5 hours = 2 badges
- 6 hours = 3 badges
- And so on. 😉
Do keep in mind that we compensate badges in cash for the original price you paid after you've fulfilled your hours. It's essentially a refund. So you're also free to just split the cash!
Claiming Your Refund
Please follow these instructions to guarantee your rightful badge compensation:
- Register and pay for a MidoriCon badge for all members presenting. No badges mean no admittance to convention spaces!
- Check in with the registration and info desks upon your arrival at the con for instruction.
- Be at the designated location for your panel 15 minutes early. You’ll need to sign in for each panel you host.
- Once your hours are fulfilled and documented by our staff, please notify the registration table or info desk during their designated hours to receive your badge reimbursement. We end all panels an hour before our registration table and info desks close on Sunday, so every panelist who has fulfilled their requirements will be refunded.
- All panelists must conduct themselves within the limits of MidoriCon’s Rules and Membership Policies. A little kindness and respect go a long way!
If you’re ready for us, we’re ready for you!
Now that you know what to expect, roll up your sleeves and apply!