Weapons & Prop Policy
The following weapons/props are NOT allowed at MidoriCon:
- Any form of Live Steel. This represents swords, knives, bayonets, shuriken, star knives, and any other object made of metal that could hold an edge, regardless of whether it is sharp. Sheathed steel weapons are still considered live steel. Note that special permissions may be granted for performers and guests offering demonstrations.
- Any form of firearm with moving parts - with the exception of NERF guns and water guns, however, these are allowed on park grounds and NOT inside the lodge. Examples of prohibited projectiles are pellet guns, BB guns, dart guns, blow guns, and crossbows. Exceptions to this rule are obvious prop weaponry that contain no moving parts and are marked with an irremovable orange tip, allowing them to easily be recognized as toys. No explosives of any kind. Nunchaku are not allowed.
The following weapons/props ARE allowed at MidoriCon:
- NERF & water guns are permitted for outdoor use only.
- Fake or prop weaponry. These can be made of resin, cardboard, plastic, wood, etc. as long as they pose no danger to you and other convention attendees. Nothing that trails on the floor is permitted, or any items that could trip yourself and others. Permissions include staves, bo sticks, shinai, boken, and other wooden or foam swords and staffs.
- Any misuse of a weapon (swinging it around in a public area, causing a hazard to others) will result in a warning, or possibly confiscation of the weapon until the end of the convention.
- If a weapon that does not meet acceptable convention policy is purchased in the exhibitor room, it must be boxed and secured inside your hotel room or vehicle.
- All weapons and props that may be deemed dangerous or inappropriate must be taken to the Information Desk for inspection. Approved weaponry will be marked as such. If a weapon or prop is deemed inappropriate, you will be asked to remove it from the convention area or it will be taken by Security staff and held in custody until you’re able to remove it from the convention area.
- If you are unsure if your prop/weapon is allowed, please bring it to the convention Information Desk for approval. The MidoriCon Security staff cannot approve weapons and/or props before the convention.
- The Security Staff will deal with repeat offenders accordingly, up to and including possible ejection from the convention without a refund. The appropriate authorities will be contacted for more severe infractions.
- All decisions made by MidoriCon and its Security staff are final.