Join Our Kappa Camp
By becoming a Kappa, you'll be doing your part to help our convention run smoothly, to help our attendees enjoy the most optimal Midoricon experience possible, AND become part of a happy, supportive and growing family! The Kappas are more than the core of Midoricon, but friends who look forward to creating lots of new memories year after year. To be a Kappa, it requires a patience, reliability, and a positive outlook at all times. We're creating a weekend of fun, and as a Kappa, you're a very important part of that.
What does volunteering entail?
For half of our convention hours, you'll be assigned to various tasks, which may include:
- Assisting in Event Execution. Here's where you get to be part of all the action! Fill up the banana suit for our Mario Kart racing, pull the Pokemon Snap cart, distribute water balloons for our Beach Party, and there's more where that came from!
- Guest Greeting & Escort. Meet our honored guests! Greet them upon arrival, help see them to their rooms and set them up at their panels.
- Attending to Registration. Work the Registration lines by greeting attendees, conveying important information, and selling badges.
- Greeting & Answering Questions at the Information Desk. Here's where you'll get to learn all there is to know about Midoricon, and to helpfully share that knowledge with attendees.
- Artist Alley & Vendor Assistance. Help set up and direct our exhibitors. Cover tables upon request, make food and water runs to help keep our exhibitors well-fed and happy!
- Badge & ID Check. Make sure everyone entering each panel room/event is equipped to do so, with a badge and, if necessary, proof of being legal age.
- Setting Up & Tearing Down. Help us set up rave lights, various decor, and adhere to room layouts!
And there are perks!
In exchange for your hard work, we are happy to reward you with the following:
- Fully Compensated 3-Day Badge. Good for the whole weekend!
- Crash Space. We've booked Maumee Bay's Rent-A-Camps at the campground, each equipped with two bunk beds, a grill, picnic table, and fire ring. Our staff will provide rides to and from the site before and after 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. Please bring a sleeping bag with you!
- Thursday Night Private Potluck Party. We encourage you to bring a dish to share, even just chips or drinks will do! We'll roast burgers and hot dogs, play games, and get to know each other!
- Free Snacks. Load up on snacks and water bottles in our Volunteer & Staff room.
- T-Shirt. Show off that Kappa flair!