What Membership to Midoricon Entails:
- Upon acceptance of Membership to Midoricon, members become responsible for their personal liability. Members assume all risks with respect to the dangers incidental to Midoricon.
- Membership Badges are required for entry into Midoricon and must be visible at all times. Membership Badges are non-replaceable, non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- Acceptance of a Membership Badge constitutes consent to the use of the wearer's image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction of Midoricon for use by Midoricon or the convention’s subsidiaries.
- Failure to comply with the published rules of Midoricon, including disruptive or inappropriate behavior, will result in the revocation of Membership and ejection from Midoricon. Midoricon may revoke membership and eject anyone from the convention at anytime for any reason without a refund.
- Purchase of a badge pre-registered online will be refunded up to 7 days after your purchase. Failure to seek a refund after 7 days will result in a non-refundable badge. Midoricon badges purchased at the door are non-refundable. All Vendors and Artists who have paid for booth space at Midoricon are also subject to our refund policy, as a badge is included within our exhibitors packages. Exhibitors tables are non-refundable.
General Convention Rules:
- Follow requests and directions of Midoricon, Facility, and hotel staff.
- Midoricon and hotels are not responsible for personal items. Unattended and lost items will be turned over to proper authorities if not reclaimed at Lost & Found.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times, including shoes, pants/shorts/skirts, and shirts/tops.
- Each event room has limited space and seating. Seating is not guaranteed to any persons. Standing room is allowed only at the discretion of Midoricon or Facility staff.
- Lining up is permitted no earlier than 2 hours prior for general events, and 30 minutes prior to autograph sessions. Documented disabled persons, staff, on-duty volunteers, guests of honor, and dealers are not required to stand in line for events.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol is only permitted in designated locations.
- The legal drinking age in Ohio is 21 years of age. Anyone under legal age found drinking or intoxicated will be reported.
- Smoking is only permitted within designated locations outside the buildings.
- Theft, assault, drug use, and other illegal activities will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Discrimination and/or harassment of any form will not be tolerated.
- Do not hinder or obstruct the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
- Individuals may be asked to remove large or unwieldy bags, props, or other accessories from the convention areas.
- Questions, concerns, or complaints should be brought to Midoricon staff at either Convention Operations, the Info Desk, or Registration Customer Service.
Hotel Code of Conduct:
- If an individual is responsible for damages to hotel property, or endangering his/her own or anyone else's safety, he/she and potentially any or all of his/her roommates will be ejected from the hotel and have his/her Membership to Midoricon revoked. Individuals involved will be held legally and financially responsible. Hotel administration may prosecute the offenders to the fullest extent of the law.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum at all times. After three disturbances from a room, the guests will be ejected from hotel property and their Membership to Midoricon may be revoked.
- Hotel guests must comply with the listed occupancy limits for each room. Failure to do so may result in being ejected from hotel property.
- Alcohol and illegal substances.
- Indoors, we prohibit wheeled items (excluding mobility assistance devices), including but not limited to:
Revealing and/or offensive attire.
Weapons specifically outlined in our Weapon Policy.
- Disruptive behavior indoors, including but not limited to:
Defacing or damaging Midoricon, or hotel properties.
Discrimination and/or harassment of any kind to anyone.
Obstructing the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
Alcohol consumption and smoking outside of designated areas.
Theft, assault, drug use, and any other illegal activities.
Nudity and inappropriate attire.
- Screaming, shouting, or yelling.
- Playing loud music or noise.
- Horseplay or rowdiness.
- Unsolicited physical contact.
Repercussions for Violations:
Any of the following repercussions may occur for violations, subject to the discretion of Midoricon and Facility staff.
- Verbal warning from Midoricon or Facility staff.
- Confiscation of prohibited items. Confiscation may be permanent, or until the item can be safely removed from convention premises.
- Ejection from convention premises and revocation of Membership to Midoricon.
- Barring membership or admittance to future Midoricon events.
- Ejection from hotel facilities including guest rooms.
- Financial and legal responsibility for damages.
- Reporting to the Police Department for illegal activities or substances.
By purchasing a membership with Midoricon, it is to be understood that in the event of an accident, injury or even death, Midoricon, Nyxie LLC and Xanterra Parks will be waived from all financial responsibility and liability. While we do perform identification checks for adult programming, parents and guardians are to understand that in the nature of our event, we cannot guarantee content will always be censored to your preferences, and it is up to parents and guardians to use their best judgement and to administer proper boundaries for their own children.
Be safe and have fun!